Now Hiring Blender Operator
Job Title: Blender Operator
Contact: Human Resources
Company: PACA FOODS, LLC
Reports To: Shift Blending Supervisor
FLSA: Full Time, Hourly-Non-exempt
Works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor. This individual is responsible for loading ingredients in the mixer and assuring the blending process produces a quality product.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Pick up batch sheet.
- Check batch sheet for accuracy based on customer specifications.
- Record lot number.
- Obtain supervisor approval.
- Build pallets.
- Check pallets for accuracy.
- Assist with equipment / machine assembly.
- Follow proper HACCP procedures and practices.
- Keep work area clean and perform appropriate sanitation.
- Inspect ingredients and notify the supervisor and quality assurance of issues.
- Screen or mill ingredients as needed.
- Mix batch following blending instructions.
- Hang tote.
- Scrape blender.
- Package bulk items in 50 pound bags.
- Ensure final product meets all quality standards.
- Responsible for the quality, food safety and legality of products produced within the facility.
- Prepare paper work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must have excellent math skills
- Must be able to operate a fork lift
- Able to use work tools
- Must be able to read and operate scales
- Must be flexible and a team player
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Fork lift operation certified
- 1 plus years related work experience
WORK SCHEDULE REQUESTED
- Hourly, non-exempt position working 4×10 shifts. Typical workweek is 40 hours with additional hours during month end and year end close and special projects.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and other Quality procedures as they apply to this job description.
- Oversee the physical condition (mechanical and cleanliness) of the blenders, sifters, and magnets to ensure equipment is in proper working order prior to adding ingredients.
- Check the batch sheets against materials staged and ensure use of correct ingredient and packaging material items and that lot numbers are recorded accurately.
- Carefully inspect materials being added to the blenders for any type of contaminant or deviations.
- Inspect product hoppers to ensure sanitary conditions.
- Obtain pre-operational inspection approval prior to processing.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to take action.