Now Hiring Packaging Operator
Job Title: Operator
Contact: Human Resources
Company: PACA FOODS, LLC
Reports To: Shift Packaging Supervisor
Deputy: Shift Packaging Supervisor
Works under the general supervision of the shift supervisor this individual is responsible operating/running the packing equipment efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Check weight and lot coding on labels making sure they are accurate
- Verify the correct amount of product is placed in the cases.
- Make sure that packages are sealed and boxed
- Operate equipment in a safe manner following GMP guidelines
- Keep line operating /functioning within PACA FOODS standards
- Performs packer’s role when needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate mechanical maintenance /repair skills
- Prior packing machine experience
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to read and operate scales
- Must be flexible and a team player.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1year of related work experience
WORK SCHEDULE REQUESTED:
- Hourly, non-exempt position working 4×10 shifts. Typical workweek is 40 hours with additional hours during month end and year end close and special projects.
FOOD SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensure equipment is set up properly with screens, magnets, sifter, and metal detectors in place as needed.
- Perform scheduled CCP or CP inspections as required and record results.
- Monitor filled units for seal and correct code date and/or BB.
- Inspect magnets and screens at the end of each product run and document results as required.
- Presence of extraneous material at any point can require going back to last good check and putting product from that point forward on HOLD.
- Report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to take action.