Now Hiring Food Tech Intern
Job Title: Food Tech Intern
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
FLSA: Part-Time or Full-Time, Unpaid
The Food Tech Intern reports to the Quality Assurance Manager and using lab experience, as well as chemistry and other sciences, analyzes and evaluates production and control samples. Applies food science and computer skills to help compile a Product Specification Register. Evaluates samples and determines if further testing and analysis is needed in the Quality Lab.
- Support the Quality Assurance Department by completing tasks assigned by the QA Manager.
- Participate in the converting of test results for numerous products into an organized product specification register.
- Do scheduled in-line product quality checks where required.
- Set up production samples for evaluation
- Sample analysis to check pH, salinity and/or brix as needed
- Use scale to weigh production samples for testing.
- Help with documentation requests by contacting ingredient suppliers. This would be supporting the Approved Supplier Program.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must be pursuing a science degree. BS degree in Food Science, Bakery Science or related field.
- Previous lab experience is helpful, but not necessary.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent math skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to learn and carry-out assigned tasks
PACA FOODS, LLC
PACA (based in Tampa, FL) is Florida’s largest and most tenured custom blender and packager of dry food products with a 22 year history of customer satisfaction. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of applications from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our core competency is being able to receive a flavor key and through our R&D technology, match and produce the key in a thorough and cost effective manner. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers.