Now Hiring Quality Assurance Technician
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports To: VP of Quality, Research and Development Supervises: N/A
The Quality Technician reports to the VP of Quality, Research and Development and uses lab experience, technical skills, chemistry knowledge and other sciences to analyze products and ensure compliance with customer requirements. The Quality Technician is responsible for performing all standard analytical tests on raw materials, intermediate premixes and finished product samples in an efficient and timely manner. The technician is also responsible for producing Quality related documentation for product shipments and customer requests.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology or related field.
Experience: Laboratory, food manufacturing, microbiology (general plating technique, using AOAC, FDA, BAM methods).
Exceptional laboratory experience including sensory analysis, chemical,
microbiological, and basic instrument testing. Exceptional computer and math skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Perform standard sensory and analytical tests on raw materials, intermediate premixes and finished goods following established procedures to ensure products are in compliance with safety, legality and quality requirements.
- Coordinate testing of pre-shipment samples with customers and external laboratories, as needed.
- Produce customized COAs based on customer requirements.
- Conduct product and environmental sampling as well as equipment inspectionsin a manner that ensures the safety, legality and quality of the food product.
- Perform periodic quality assurance and food safety inspections inmanufacturing and storage areas.
- Review and approve batch records, HACCP records and other productiondocumentation to ensure compliance with established procedures, safety, legality and quality requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis of customer complaints and quality defects.
- Participate in sensory panel evaluation of product prototypes.
- Support evaluation of new or alternative raw materials for approval.
- Maintain raw material database current. Review raw material documentation forallergen, shelf life, Kosher, GMO, country of origin, and other information.
- Produce finished product documents including but not limited to productspecifications, allergen statements, country of origin statements and other documentation, as needed.
- Prepare standard finished product samples for routine quality evaluation ofproduction samples.
- Interact with multiple functional areas to address quality issues, as needed.
- Participate in periodic review of quality procedures, work instructions and analytical methods.
- Conduct Food Safety, HACCP and other Quality related training.
- Participate in laboratory competency evaluations.
- Conduct equipment and process validations.
- Handle multiple Quality Assurance projects, as needed.
Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Willingness to learn and carry-out assigned tasks.
Statistical analysis software experience is desired, but not required.
PACA FOODS, LLC
PACA (based in Tampa, FL) is Florida’s largest and most tenured custom blender and packager of dry food products with a 22 year history of customer satisfaction. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of applications from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our core competency is being able to receive a flavor key and through our R&D technology, match and produce the key in a thorough and cost effective manner. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers.